Brecon Beacons National Park (Wales, September-December 2010)

All my trips in Brecon were around Pen y Fan, the highest point of the National Park. From Pen y Fan’s top I threw myself to the north face of the National Park in two different days and in two different ways. I would ever finish in Brecon village. North face of Brecon mountains are green cliffs, no rocky; they seem to be covered with a blanket of grass. One of the greenest places I’ve ever been.

In all this time in Wales, I think I just felt really well when I went to Brecon and Snowdonia. Once more I understood that I could be happy  between mountains and with ‘small adventures’ and I understood I could be very alone in the future as well.

My life in Cardiff was so different. First of all, the cold:
The cold here is tough
There is ice on the streets where I walk and run
Ice in people hearts

The air burns
And all day is night
My cold house doesn`t help
Isolation troubles?
In Both:
people and houses

The most interesting activity during the week used to be ‘salsa classes’. I liked that. Bars were warmer than my house and salsa classes were warmer than bars. And it worked a little: basic steps and two boring dates with the same interesting woman. 

When the town is at Uni, everything seems to be young and perfect. When the town is a huge dormitory, all the houses are the same, one house with thousands of bed-rooms. When the town is a non ending party, try to say the magic word: Erasmus, and some doors will be opened. When the town is a university world, just studying English and looking for any job is not enough to be part of it.

Anyway I tried to live my normal student life (as normal as it’s possible in an English school and being almost 40) but the Council of my town didn’t agree and I wasn’t qualified as student. That meant I had to pay the Council tax. All right. I would do. However, I didn’t. I didn’t because I was going to pay the very expensive bill for my whole student house. So was how I began my Council tax’s escape. A coward and very sad adventure. A matter of money. But I think money matters as you don’t like that life.
In December I left Cardiff and I missed Brecon.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario